2018 has been another great year for the Club and one which we can all be proud of.
We are three years on from our 2015 change in strategy and it’s fair to say that the work done over the last 3 years is really paying off with a stark improvement in the level of Futsal being played by all of the teams throughout the Club.
This improvement is down to a number of factors including the hardwork and dedication of all the coaching staff, parents and players throughout the Club so we would like to say a huge thank you to you all.
In 2018 an improved Club infrastructure has meant we have been able to:
- Play regular high level Futsal competition in the www.theAFL.uk
- Put in place season long training plans for each training group
- Further developed the Clubs coaching curriculum by attending Coaching Clinics and through trips abroad
- Taken a squad to compete in the Futsal World Cup VI in Barcelona
- Expanded the number of training groups adding u11, u14 and pre-academy (ages 3-5 years) training squads to our Carlisle Academy.
- Opened a West Cumbria Academy for u9s and u10s.
- Grown our coaching team to 16 volunteers
- Secured sponsorship with GW Autos
- Played in regular friendly and tournament competition
Next year promises more hard work but also the chance for everyone to be part of a Club that is accomplishing something really special.
2018 will be a year that we all look back on and say that is when we saw the performances of the teams within our Club really improve. It will be a time that we will look back on with great pride knowing that we were all a part of creating Futsal teams that exhibit Futsal team play principals as well as the individual quality we are used to seeing.
Thank you for to everyone – players, parents and coaches for your hard work this year. For those not competing at Xmas I hope you all relax and enjoy the break. For those who are please enjoy!
Let’s come back well rested and ready to get stuck in and drive the Club forward onto new heights in 2019.
Carlisle Futsal Club